What is the Theme Customizer?
Theme Customizer is a default feature represented by a core of WordPress. You can customize your website by selecting options at the Theme Customizer. You can preview all changes in a real time.
How to access the Theme Customizer?
You can find it under “Appearance >> Customize” in admin panel of your website.
What can you change in a theme by using Theme Customizer?
- Header Image and Background Image;
- Site name and description;
- Colors (theme feature);
- Layout (theme feature);
- Nav Menu;
- Widget and widget’s options;
- Favicon (theme feature);
- Social Media Links (theme feature);
- Other theme options;
- All options in themes from this site are accessible via Theme Customizer.
The Theme Customizer added to WordPress since version 3.4. Some themes don’t use it yet.